Pioneering Sternal IO Technology
FAST® Intraosseous Infusion System is a sternal intraosseous device. Developed for military and combat personnel, and emergency personnel, FAST is specifically designed to be as easy to learn, simple to use, and fail-safe as possible – even for first time users and new medical professionals.
As a highly effective alternative to traditional peripheral intravenous access, FAST gives you the critical ability to quickly establish vascular access, and rapidly and easily deliver emergency fluids and medications into the vascular system through the bone marrow of the manubrium.
Safe to use in patients 12 years of age and older, FAST can be effectively used during CPR and when a cervical spine collar is in place.
FAST is specifically designed to be used whenever traditional intravenous access fails. The success rates for IO infusion are as high as or higher than for traditional IV infusion. Additionally, IO Infusion is an accepted standard of care and treatment modality.
It is endorsed by the American Heart Association, Advanced Trauma Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support courses as well as the European Resuscitation Council. IO Infusion is also taught as part of military medicine training and Tactical Combat Casualty Care guidelines.
- Fast Vascular Access: FAST can be placed and vascular access (essentially equivalent to a central venous line) achieved in 10 seconds with medications reaching the heart within 30 seconds.
- Quickest route to the heart: of any IO access device and peripheral IV.
- Exact placement every time.
- Automatic depth control for safe delivery above the lungs and heart.
- Easy to use even for new medical professionals.
- Sterile, single-use, disposable product with no risk of cross-contamination.
- Flexible with soft, low-profile, secure tubing.
- Lightweight design allows portability in medic packs.